I am going to show you how to receive and send money from Mukuru.
What is Mukuru?
Mukuru is a Fintech business that gives the emerging consumer access to affordable and reliable financial services.
Mukuru has made it easy for your friends and family to receive money.
To Receive Money from Mukuru
1. With Mukuru card you can request cashback at till any participating stores from Checkers, Shoprite, Pick n Pay, Usave & Spar
2. If you don’t have a card you will need to visit any of Mukuru branches around you; Click here to find Mukuru’s location.
You will need below information to pick up your cash
- Your order number.
- Valid Identity Document (e.g. Id, driving license or passport & an asylum permit)
- Lastly, a proof of address.
3. Note you can also receive money directly into your bank account, you will have to call Mukuru customer support.
You can send & receive money from below Countries:
The person you send money to can collect their cash at payout partners in below countries:
How to Send Money with Mukuru
To send money to your loved ones visit Mukuru branch nearby or their website, via whatsapp or you can also speak to a consultant.
You will be able to send R2000 right from their app or by using whatsapp chat.
If you want to send more than that, speak to a consultant or visit the branch.
1. Via Whatsapp: Mukuru’s South Africa Whatsapp line: +27860018555. Chat and follow the instructions – you’ll be able to send R2,000 right away.
2. Via Mobile App: Download the App from the Google Play Store or iOS App Store, sign up and that is it – you can send R2,000 instantly or increase your limits via the app.
You will need the below information:
- Valid Identity Document (Id, driving license or passport & an asylum permit)
- and a proof of address.
To increase your send and receive limits up to R25,000.
They need to verify your documents to activate the send limit. It can take up to 24 hours.
WHAT THEY WOULD NEED FROM YOU:
- A clear image of your legal Identification Document (e.g. SA ID, a Foreign ID, your Passport or Asylum Paper)
- A selfie holding your ID
- Your home address and job title
Thank you for reading,